TRI Cessna 525 training scheme ✅
Type rating instructor - TRI Cessna 525 Citation training consists of following areas in accordance with FCL.910.TRI:
- Part 1: Teaching and learning - 25 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction
- Part 2: Technical training - 10 hours - training is complementary to Part 3
- Part 3: Flight Training - 5 hours in simulator, or in Cessna 525 Citation aircraft
- Extension of TRI C525 privileges for MPO - 3 hours in simulator (MCCI training course)
Upon the completion of TRI C525 training, it is necessary to attend the TRI assessment of competence with the TRE C525. If the assessment of competence is performed on a simulator, its duration shall be at least 3 hours. If it is done in a Cessna 525 aircraft, the duration of assessment is individual.
TRI C525 training can be provided by Senior TRI ⚠️
The TRI training for C525 can be provided in accordance with FCL.905.TRI(b) an instructor with an experience of at least 50 hours of instructional experience as a TRI or SFI in accordance with this Regulation or Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012.
Cessna 525 TRI ✅ Type rating instructor
Assessment of competence towards type rating instructor - TRI for Cessna 525 Citation and its variants are provided by EASA TRE for Cessna 525 series.
TRI C525 ✅ pre-requisites
Very basic requirement for the type rating instructor - TRI Cessna 525 is to be a holder of either Airline Transport Pilot License - ATPL(A), or Commercial Pilot License - CPL(A) with valid Cessna 525 type rating and valid differences training for the particular variant of Cessna 525.
✅ Type rating instructor - TRI pre Cessna 525 shall meet the requirements of FCL.915.TRI(c):
- have competed at least 500 hours flight time as pilot on aeroplanes
- 30 hours as pilot in command on the Cessna 525, or
- hold or have held an FI(A) certificate for multi-engine aeroplanes with IR(A) privileges.
✅ In addition within the 12 months preceding the date of the application flown:
- at least 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings, as PIC on the Cessna 525
- a maximum of 15 sectors may be completed in an FSTD representing Cessna 525 Citation.
✅ For TRI Cessna 525 in multi-pilot operations, shall in accordance with FCL.905.TRI(c)(1)(ii):
- has at least 500 hours on aeroplanes in multi-pilot operations
- completed an MCCI training course in accordance with point FCL.930.MCCI, or
- to meet the FCL.905.TRI(c)(1)(i) - means to hold or have held the type rating instructor - TRI for multi pilot aeroplane.
TRI Cessna 525 ⭐ Privileges ⭐
Type Rating Instructor - TRI C525 privileges are described in FCL.905.TRI. It is necessary to consider the privileges of TRI C525 by the means of the training and checking delivery. In general, the privileges of TRI C525 are to provide the training to issue and renewal of Cessna 525 typerating.
Restricted TRI ➡️ Unrestricted TRI C525
If the TRI training is carried out in FSTDs only, the privileges of TRI C525 are restricted to training in FSTD representing the Cessna 525 variant. In this case the privileges of TRI are so-called TRI-restricted. In this case it is equivalent of SFI C525 privileges. The TRI restriction to FSTD shall be removed if TRI have completed an assessment of competence in the Cessna 525 aircraft with EASA TRE C525. In this case, the unrestricted TRI certificate allows the holder to provide flight instruction directly in the Cessna 525 aircraft.
✅ Eventhough the privileges of TRI are restricted, the restriction shall however include the following privileges for conducting, in the Cessna 525 aircraft:
- LIFUS, line training under supervision - TRI-Restricted C525 /LIFUS
- Landing Training, base training - TRI-Restricted C525 /LT
TRI C525 licence endorsement
In accordance with GM1 FCL.910.TRI the flight crew licence contains following information in case of restricted TRI Cessna 525:
- flight training restricted to FSTD only: ‘TRI/r’ (r=restricted);
- flight training restricted to LIFUS: TRI/r LIFUS (LIFUS = Line Flying under Supervision)
- flight training restricted to base training: TRI/r LT (LT = landing training)