TRI Boeing 737 ✅ training scheme
Type rating instructor - TRI Boeing 737 training can be provided by flight school only. The training consists of following areas in accordance with FCL.910.TRI(a):
- Part 1: Teaching and learning - 25 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction
- Part 2: Technical training - 10 hours - training is complementary to Part 3
- Part 3: Flight Training - 10 hours in simulator representing Boeing 737 variants
Upon the completion of TRI B737 training, it is necessary to attend the TRI assessment of competence with the TRE B737 or SFE B737. Since the simulators representing the specific Boeing 737 such as Boeing 737 Classic (Boeing 737 300-500), or Boeing 737 NG (Boeing 737 600-900) are available, the assessment of competence is performed in a simulator, its duration shall be at least 3 hours.
TRI B737 training can be provided by senior TRI ⚠️
The TRI training for B737 can be provided in accordance with FCL.905.TRI(b) an instructor with an experience of at least 50 hours of instructional experience as a TRI or SFI in accordance with this Regulation or Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012. Assessment of competence towards type rating instructor - TRI for B737 and its variants are provided by EASA TRE for Boeing 737.
TRI Boeing 737 ✅ pre-requisites
General pre-requisite for the type rating instructor - TRI B737 is to be a holder of either Airline Transport Pilot License - ATPL(A). Being a holder of Commercial Pilot License - CPL(A) is acceptable in case if the TRI B737 privileges will be limited to the FSTD only. In addition you have to be a holder of valid Boeing 737 type rating and valid differences training for the particular variant of Boeing 737.
✅ Type rating instructor - TRI for Boeing 737 shall meet the requirements of FCL.915.TRI(b)(1) - it means to have at least 1500 hours in aeroplanes as a pilot.
✅ In addition FCL.915.TRI(b)(2) - within the 12 months preceding the date of application, 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings, as PIC or co-pilot on Boeing 737, of which 15 sectors may be completed in an FFS representing B737NG, B737CL, B737MAX or BBJ.
TRI Boeing 737 ⭐ Privileges ⭐
Type Rating Instructor - TRI Boeing 737 privileges are described in FCL.905.TRI. It is necessary to consider the privileges of TRI B737 by the means of the training and checking delivery.
In general, the privileges of TRI B737 are to provide the training:
- for the issue, revalidation and renewal of type ratings for Boeing 737 variants
- single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes when the applicant seeks privileges to operate in multi-pilot operations - this applies for the TRI who holds the instructional privileges for high-performance single pilot jets such as Cessna 525 or similar
- MCC training;
- the MPL course on the basic, intermediate and advanced phases, provided that, for the basic phase, they hold or have held an FI(A) or IRI(A) certificate.
Restricted TRI ➡️ Unrestricted TRI B737
If the TRI training is carried out in FSTDs only, the privileges of TRI B737 are restricted to training in FSTD representing the Boeing 737 variant. In this case the privileges of TRI are so-called TRI-restricted. In this case it is equivalent of SFI B737 privileges. The TRI restriction to FSTD shall be removed if TRI have completed an assessment of competence in the Boeing 737 aircraft with EASA TRE B737.
✅ Eventhough the privileges of TRI are restricted, the restriction shall however include the following privileges for conducting, in the Boeing 737 aircraft:
- LIFUS, line training under supervision - TRI-Restricted B737 /LIFUS
- Landing Training, base training - TRI-Restricted B737 /LT
TRI B737 licence endorsement
In accordance with GM1 FCL.910.TRI the flight crew licence contains following information in case of restricted TRI Boeing 737:
- flight training restricted to FSTD only: ‘TRI/r’ (r=restricted);
- flight training restricted to LIFUS: TRI/r LIFUS (LIFUS = Line Flying under Supervision)
- flight training restricted to base training: TRI/r LT (LT = landing training)