TRI Bombardier CRJ series ✅ training scheme
Type rating instructor - TRI Bombardier CL65 - CRJ Series training can be provided by flight school only. The training consists of following areas in accordance with FCL.910.TRI(a):
- Part 1: Teaching and learning - 25 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction
- Part 2: Technical training - 10 hours - training is complementary to Part 3
- Part 3: Flight Training - 10 hours in simulator representing Bombardier CL65 variants
Upon the completion of TRI CL65 training, it is necessary to attend the TRI assessment of competence with the TRE CL65. Since the simulators representing the specific CL65 varaitns are available, the assessment of competence is performed in a simulator, its duration shall be at least 3 hours.
TRI CL65 training is provided by senior TRI ⚠️
The TRI training for CL65 can be provided in accordance with FCL.905.TRI(b) an instructor with an experience of at least 50 hours of instructional experience as a TRI or SFI in accordance with this Regulation or Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012. Assessment of competence towards type rating instructor - TRI for CL65 and its variants are provided by EASA TRE for Bombardier CRJ Series.
TRI CL65 ✅ pre-requisites
General pre-requisite for the type rating instructor - TRI CL65 is to be a holder of either Airline Transport Pilot License - ATPL(A). Being a holder of Commercial Pilot License - CPL(A) is acceptable in case if the TRI CL65 privileges will be limited to the FSTD only. In addition you have to be a holder of valid Bombardier CL65 type rating and valid differences training for the particular variant of CL65.
✅ Type rating instructor - TRI for Bombardier CL65 shall meet the requirements of FCL.915.TRI(b)(1) - it means to have at least 1500 hours in aeroplanes as a pilot.
✅ In addition FCL.915.TRI(b)(2) - within the 12 months preceding the date of application, 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings, as PIC or co-pilot on Bombardier CL65, of which 15 sectors may be completed in an FFS representing CL65.
TRI Bombardier CL65 ⭐ Privileges ⭐
Type Rating Instructor - TRI CL65 privileges are described in FCL.905.TRI. It is necessary to consider the privileges of TRI CL65 by the means of the training and checking delivery.
In general, the privileges of TRI CL65 are to provide the training:
- for the issue, revalidation and renewal of type ratings for Bombardier CRJ Series variants
- single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes when the applicant seeks privileges to operate in multi-pilot operations - this applies for the TRI who holds the instructional privileges for high-performance single pilot jets such as Cessna 525 or similar
- MCC training;
- the MPL course on the basic, intermediate and advanced phases, provided that, for the basic phase, they hold or have held an FI(A) or IRI(A) certificate.
Restricted TRI ➡️ Unrestricted TRI CL65
If the TRI training is carried out in FSTDs only, the privileges of TRI CL65 are restricted to training in FSTD representing the Bombardier CL65 variant. In this case the privileges of TRI are so-called TRI-restricted. In this case it is equivalent of SFI CL65 privileges. The TRI restriction to FSTD shall be removed if TRI have completed an assessment of competence in the Bombardier CRJ Series aircraft with EASA TRE CL65.
✅ Eventhough the privileges of TRI are restricted, the restriction shall however include the following privileges for conducting, in the Bombardier CRJ aircraft:
- LIFUS, line training under supervision - TRI-Restricted CL65 /LIFUS
- Landing Training, base training - TRI-Restricted CL65 /LT
TRI CL65 licence endorsement
In accordance with GM1 FCL.910.TRI the flight crew licence contains following information in case of restricted TRI Bombardier CL65:
- flight training restricted to FSTD only: ‘TRI/r’ (r=restricted);
- flight training restricted to LIFUS: TRI/r LIFUS (LIFUS = Line Flying under Supervision)
- flight training restricted to base training: TRI/r LT (LT = landing training)